If you can’t find the details of the book or article you require, or if you don't get the option to 'Expand my results' or 'Get it for me', then you may make a request for the item by typing the (known) details into the citation linker. The Library Network will then try to obtain the item for you, free of charge.
Please note that anyone undertaking a course should make requests from their educational provider rather than using this service.
Some resources may be freely available online so it is a good idea to check Google and Google Scholar before using the citation linker.
1. To proceed with a request, go to the Knowledge Network Library Search.
2. Sign into the Knowledge Network Search at the top right hand corner of the screen using your NHS Scotland Athens Username and Password.
3. At the top of the Library Search screen, look for Citation Linker. To find it click on the three dots at the end of the line – this will show you more options.
4. Go to the 'Fetch item – Citation Linker.
5. When you click on this, a form will come up for you to fill in all the details that you know for the items you’re looking for. You can use this form to request an article, book or whole journal issue if required.
6. Chose which type of item it is that you want to find and then fill in the form. Quick Tip – if you are looking for a journal article, please type in the full journal title, as abbreviations won’t be recognised.
7. Then click at the bottom of the form.
8. The system will then check to see if the item is available either within NHS Scotland or as a full text item.
9. If there are no links to an Open Access version (or a print archive version) then click the link to 'Get It For Me' which will enable you to make a request for an online version of the article.
Move down to the Delivery Information section of the 'Get It For Me' page.
8. Ensure that the 'Format' button is set to 'Digital'.
9. Select ‘GGC Resource Sharing’ as the Pickup/delivery location.
10. Check that your email address is correct.
11. The other fields should be left blank although you may leave a comment.
12. Click the orange request button to send your request off. Articles for course works should be ordered through your educational provider.
If you have problems, please email Library.Documentdelivery@ggc.scot.nhs.uk