Refworks is an online bibliographic management tool that allows you to create a database containing only your references – this is particularly useful if you are searching over a period of time and performing multiple searches in multiple databases.
You can access Refworks using your NHS Scotland Athens password
Refworks allows you to:
- Import references from databases such as CINAHL and Medline (use the Export option in these databases) to Refworks
- Import references from other databases and from online journal sites using either the export option or by downloading a file with your references and uploading to Refworks
- Manually add references to your Refworks account using the Add Reference form
- Identify and remove duplicate references
- Produce reference lists and bibliographies formatted using any referencing style (eg Harvard, journal specified styles)
- Edit a referencing format or create your own - see here
- Locate the full text of references that you have stored in Refworks (just as in a database search, each reference will have a "Get it For Me" link to check for the full text)
- Use Refwork’s “Write N Cite” feature to input your references and produce a reference list while you write your document.
There’s a link to Refworks from the “More Information Sources” list on the Knowledge Network homepage, or go straight to the site here: http://www.refworks.com/rwathens
Tutorials and help on using Refworks can be found here:
Or contact us for help and support.