The Library Network can offer a suite of resources to help you carry out your project. These include:
- literature search - a professional search of the evidence base to produce a list of relevant resources on your topic, with links to full text where available
- evidence summary - a professional search followed by a themed summary of the results found. Timescales are discussed in advance
- project support - a named librarian will support you throughout your project, eg. for literature searches, critical appraisal etc
- tools and measures - a specialist enquiry service which investigates copyright permissions for diagnostic tools and outcome measures. Where possible the Library Network will seek to obtain permission for staff across NHS Scotland.
- training - including how to search the evidence base to find references for your topic. Training is informal, and tailored to your requirements. Full list.
- critical appraisal
- reference management - use of reference management software
- accessing full text articles
- books and interlibrary loans
- advice on producing a presentation and/or poster
- advice on writing for publication
- help with reviewing or screening results for inclusion in your review (note this would only be as part of the project group and subject to agreement)
What we do not do:
- write up your report
- screening results for you (we would only help as part of the project group)
If you have any queries, just contact a member of library staff or email the Subject Specialist team directly.