The Library Network can offer a suite of resources to help you carry out your project. These include:
- literature search - a professional search of the evidence base to produce a list of relevant resources on your topic, with links to full text where available.
- evidence summary - a professional search followed by a themed summary of the results found. Timescales are discussed in advance.
- project support - a named librarian will support you throughout your project, eg. for literature searches, critical appraisal etc.
- tools and measures - a specialist enquiry service which investigates copyright permissions for diagnostic tools and outcome measures. Where possible the Library Network will seek to obtain permission for staff across NHS Scotland.
- training - including how to search the evidence base to find references for your topic. Training is informal, and tailored to your requirements. Full list.
- critical appraisal
- reference management - use of reference management software
- accessing full text articles
- books and interlibrary loans
- advice on producing a presentation and/or poster
- advice on writing for publication
- help with reviewing or screening results for inclusion in your review (note: this would only be as part of the project group and subject to agreement).
What we do not do:
- write up your report
- screening results for you (we would only help as part of the project group)
If you have any queries, just contact a member of library staff or email the Subject Specialist team directly.