The NHSGGC Library Network has a subscription for BMJ Case Reports until August 2018 – we are keen to encourage staff to submit case reports for publication.
Why not transform a recent case presentation into a case report? This could be a first step into academic publishing and would be good evidence for CPD portfolios.
- Up to four authors can be included on each report and multidisciplinary submissions are welcomed. BMJ Case Reports are keen to receive submissions from non-medics.
- There will be no cost to authors; please see the Library Staffnet page here or email us at Library.Network@ggc.scot.nhs.uk for the library's fellowship code.
- Click here to view the BMJ's guidance on writing a case report. Further information for authors can be found on the BMJ Case Reports website here.
- You may also find it helpful to review the CARE case report guidelines.
- Local NHSGGC ethics approval is not required as long as there is no patient identifiable information included and you are not doing ‘research’. BMJ provide a consent form that must be signed by patient or next of kin before publication.
If you would like to discuss your submission with a librarian please contact Library.Network@ggc.scot.nhs.uk