The following guidance should help you decide if you need a new shared space before you apply to the IT department.
What shared spaces are for
- These spaces are for business records (i.e. everything else that is not a patient or clinical record.
- These shared drives and team sites are for working together with your team or department.
- To support a new service or purpose not supporting by existing shared spaces.
What they are not for
- Cannot be used for storage of information or data taken from a patient management system.
- These cannot be used to replace personal or indiviudal drives.
- A new one cannot be used as a short cut to sorting out existing shared drives.
- If you are going to get a new one which will pull over content from other shared drives, then those old ones must close.
- The BCS must be used as a structure to store records.
- A named contact must be provided - and signed up to the BCS helpcentre to ensure receipt of any updates.