The following guidance should help you decide if you need an O365 SharePoint site.
At the moment you can create your own SharePoint sites on O365 but that might be restricted in the future.
What shared spaces are for
- These spaces are for business records (i.e. everything else that is not a patient or clinical record.
- The O365 SharePoint site is for sharing files with your team or department.
What they are not for
- This cannot be used for storage of information or data taken from a patient management system.
- This cannot be used to replace personal or individual drives.
- If you are going to create a new O365 SharePoint site which will pull over content from other shared drives, the old drives must close.
- The BCS should be used as a structure to manage files within SharePoint.
- A named contact should be signed up to the BCS help centre to ensure receipt of any updates.