The following guidance should help you decide if you need a new shared space before you apply to the IT department.
At the moment you can create your own Sharepoint sites on O365 but that might be restricted in the future.
What shared spaces are for
- These spaces are for business records (i.e. everything else that is not a patient or clinical record.
- These shared drives and team sites are for working together with your team or department.
- To support a new service or purpose not supporting by existing shared spaces.
What they are not for
- Cannot be used for storage of information or data taken from a patient management system.
- These cannot be used to replace personal or indiviudal drives.
- A new one cannot be used as a short cut to sorting out existing shared drives.
- If you are going to get a new one which will pull over content from other shared drives, then those old ones must close.
- The BCS must be used as a structure to store records.
- A named contact must be provided - and signed up to the BCS helpcentre to ensure receipt of any updates.