NHSGGC librarians are happy to provide one to one or small group training sessions on carrying out a literature search in one of the bibliographic databases. Depending on your support needs, these usually take around one hour.
Before your training session:
To make sure you get the most out of your training session we would encourage you to work through the following preparatory tasks in advance:
- Set up an NHS Scotland Athens account and/or check that it is working correctly
- Think about your search question
- Gather together any relevant background information about your search request
- For systematic review training sessions, do some background reading about the systematic review process
- For critical appraisal training sessions, select a relevant article to review
Click on the links in the text for more information on each task.
What to bring with you to your training session:
- Your NHS Scotland Athens password (see above on how to check that your Athens password is current or apply for one)
- Your search topic/question (see above for help on formulating an answerable question)
- Any relevant background information on your search question which might be useful (for example, course requirements, relevant references already found)