Who can access this training?
What training is available?
The Library Network provides 1-2-1 and group training sessions on a range of topics. They can take place online (via MS Teams), in NHSGGC libraries, or in your workplace. While social distancing restrictions are in place, most of the training will be delivered over MS Teams.
Training topics include:
- Finding Information - literature searching (introduction and advanced), introduction to the Knowledge Network
- Understanding Information - how to critically appraise journal articles or guidelines. You can also refer to the Critical Appraisal articles in the Knowledge Sharing Handbook, or to our Critical Appraisal Tools pathway.
- Organising Information - managing literature search results (using RefWorks reference management software to create and manage reference lists)
- Presenting and sharing information - building clinical pathways using Clinical Knowledge Publisher, app and web building
- Core Skills - brush up on core writing, reading, number and computing skills used every day. All available from the NHSGGC Core Skills Tutor
- Copyright - to help you understand the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended), the NHS Scotland CLA Licence, and the protection of NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde intellectual property.
- Survey Tools - use Webropol for surveys/questionnaires, events management and e-tests
- Tailored - 1-2-1 and group training on any of the above topics. Also includes training on therapeutic writing
If you don't see your topic listed, contact us to ask for further advice: Library.Network@ggc.scot.nhs.uk