This is a presentation tool similar to Microsoft PowerPoint or Sway. The tool is online and there is a basic license which is free. For additional functionality a fee is required; there is no NHS GGC subscription to this tool.
Why use Prezi
There is a communication preference for using the panning and zooming animations that characterize Prezi presentations over say PowerPoint (Moulton, 2017). Prezi definitely adds a little pizazz and the website also offers example prezis by others to provide inspiration. The presentations can be viewed on any modern browser.
- The seesaw effect can leave your viewers a bit queasy - so go lightly on the panning and zooming.
- It cannot be edited on Internet Explorer only the following browsers are supported; Chrome, Firefox or Safari. This may be a barrier depending on your browser access.
A final warning!
Your presentation will be available on the internet so make sure you do not:
- use patient identifiable information.
- divulge sensitive information.
- cast the organisation in a dim light.
- infringe any copyright.
1. Moulton, ST., Turkay, S., Kosslyn, SM. Does a presentation's medium affect its message? Powerpoint, Prezi and oral presentations. PloS One 12(7): e0178774, 2017.