Rowe, N. (2017) Tracing the ‘grey literature’ of poster presentations: a mapping view. Health Information and Library Journal 34: 106-124
- There is a vast body of multi-disciplinary information presented in poster form but it is poorly disseminated and difficult to access.
- Information presented on posters is often abbreviated to abstract form and lacks sufficient detail for academic use.
- If the objective purpose of poster presentation is to disseminate and discuss information with others then effort is required to make the medium more effective.
- Given the presence of medicine and health care in poster literature, health library and information specialists should take an active interest in managing information presented at conferences.
- Future research needs to consider how poster presented information may be better presented, accessed and collated, so as to improve its capacity for knowledge transfer.
Developing a Poster
- Bindon SL; Davenport JM. Developing a professional poster: four "ps" for advanced practice nurses to consider. AACN Advanced Critical Care. 24(2):169-76, 2013 Apr-Jun. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Ivory K; Hooker C; Mooney-Somers J. The future of conference posters: 'hipster and geek!'. Medical Education. 49(5):529-30, 2015 May. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Moore K. Conference poster sessions: reviewing the evidence. Journal of Wound, Ostomy, & Continence Nursing. 29(3):119-20, 2002 May. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Biancuzzo M. Developing a poster about a clinical innovation. Part III: Presentation and evaluation. Clinical Nurse Specialist. 8(5):262-4, 1994 Sep. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Miller, JE, Preparing and presenting effective research posters. Health Services Research 42 ( 1pt1), 2007. Full text link
- Sherbinski LA; Stroup DR. Developing a poster for disseminating research findings. AANA Journal. 60(6):567-72, 1992 Dec. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
Organising a Poster Exhibit/Presentation
- Beamish AJ; Ansell J; Foster JJ; Foster KA; Egan RJ. Poster exhibitions at conferences: are we doing it properly?. Journal of Surgical Education. 72(2):278-82, 2015 Mar-Apr. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Bell C; Buckley EG; Evans P; Lloyd-Jones G. An evaluation of digital, split-site and traditional formats in conference poster sessions. Medical Teacher. 28(2):175-9, 2006 Mar. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Pierce LL. The e-Poster Conference: An Online Nursing Research Course Learning Activity. Journal of Nursing Education. 55(9):533-5, 2016 Sep 01. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Powell-Tuck J; Leach S; Maccready L. Electronic poster presentations in BAPEN--a controlled evaluation. Clinical Nutrition. 21(3):261-3, 2002 Jun. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX
- Rowe N. Tracing the 'grey literature' of poster presentations: a mapping review. [Review] Health Information & Libraries Journal. , 2017 Apr 06. Link to the External Link Resolver: SFX